SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
albertdc

Yet again.... Marvin Integrity vs Renewal Anderson

albertdc
13 years ago

I apologize for the onslaught of threads I'm about to start, but I want to try to keep each thread to its own topic....

I am about to replace 25 windows in my house. It is a 1989 Stucco home in Utah. Current windows are double pane, but all the seals are failing and the windows have crummy aluminum frames that transmit cold and completely ice up in the winter. Thus the replacement saga begins.

My first question - what to put in as replacements. All the vinyl windows we've seen just look plain cheap and I have read/heard of longterm issues with them. Is there truly an issue with them? Wood windows are likely too expensive and do not seem like they would "fit" the house as far as appearance (relatively modern construction with slim frames and large glass areas).

I am leaning strongly towards the Marvin Integrity windows as the narrower frames compared to the Infinity series seem like they would remain more true to the original stylings of the home. The Renewal Anderson rep gives a great sale pitch. Based on past threads, it appears that there have been very vocal proponents and critics of each, but those threads seem pretty old. Any changes? Current thoughts?

Comments (41)