SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom_of_4

what should we do ???

mom_of_4
15 years ago

Okay, I know most of you know from past posts that I have a SS11 who is also ADHD. We have had problems with school and lieing in the past... well now we have a new problem and I (and DH) am not sure what the right thing to do is. Here goes: The boys were asked by DH to clean their room sun evening... they didnt so when he told them to clean it the next morning.. they didnt... so he told them they had the hour and half that his therapy is to get it done... short story they didnt and he grounded them for a week. (Mind you I originally thought a week for not cleaning their room kind of a lot) well the next morning younger SS lied to DH and told him I said they were only grounded for the day (I didnt) and older SS said "well we are going to moms and we arent grounded at moms house" so needless to say they sealed their fate... BM has been very nice and very supportive lately so she completely backed everything up and got on to ss older for even saying that...

But anyways sd came home as boys went to moms and disovered her diary had been broken into the lock was missing and a page ripped out... well this is a big no no in our house and has been made clear to the boys... (btw we knew it was one of the two bc ss wrote on back and crossed it out) so we called boys and told them one of them needed to tell the truth about who went through diary both said they knew nothing and didnt touch it... well younger ss called later and said he knew ss older did it but he had promised him that he wouldnt tell and didnt want to get in trouble or make ss older mad. So, we looked through ss olders thing found sd's lock and key in his things and confronted him... he continued to lie and ended up calling back later to tell the truth. So end story he not only went through her diary but he stole her lock and key... Now, this is not the first time he has stolen ... he stole 10 dollars from a family friend of his moms, stole my ipod, and stole a walmart card (not a big deal but not the point either) ... also this lieing has been a continuous problem for him... to the point that he told a teacher one point last school year that he didnt do his homework bc his mom didnt know what she was doing...(complete total lie)

We have grounded him... we have taken away thing... it got to the point last year that he didnt go on his end of the year field trip to epcot... but it seems like it doesnt phase him at all... he will get upset for a moment but then it is back to the same behavior ... so what do we do now?

Comments (6)