SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cawfecup

meeting with BM :-)

cawfecup
16 years ago

I had my meeting with BM yesterday ... told her of my plans. We had a 3 hour discussion but she started off by saying I have good news and bad news ...ok give it to me. I got laid off at my job ... thats great you can be a mom again. There are no more excuses for not being a mom. But how am I going to pay support ... from your unemployment check I don't care how you pay it. Go collect cans support has nothing to do with me I am here to discuss your children. Then its a 10 minute pissing contest about who has more bills waaaah. I followed suit felt like I was arguing with the kids ... said again this isn't about money. This was supposed to be about the kids. If its going to continue about money I will be leaving.

I told her I have a list of days I need you to take the kids this summer special events planned that children are not invited too. But I don't know if I get a new job they are not going to give me the 2 weeks I need in the summer. Well then I suggest you take them the first 2 weeks of summer. I won't have any money for food. I'll give you a care package... as much as my tongue hurt I kept saying. They need their mother. Do you want them to have only hubby and my values and you be an afterthought or do you want to them to my parents and cawfe raised me! You can get onboard with us and how we will be dealing with issues or they can run you ragged and behave for us. Its a choice you have to make. Told her about my trips to the court house, DSS and the police station. What I can do when it comes to discipline. And if she has a problem with it he can live with us and follow rules have no rules at her house or end in state care following even more rules. Do you want to visit him in jail? I will not bail him out he will learn "his lessons" eventually hopefully early enough so the rest of his life isn't effected.

I told her after this summer I would be returning to work so her and hubby would have to work out an afterschool arrangements I will not be in that equation... She says I will pay a 3rd of daycare. Why a third? you will have 2 incomes!! Your children are not my responsiblility. I don't care if I make a million dollars a week your children are not my financial responsibility. I had nothing to lose in this meeting. So I said what I have been biting my tongue over for the last 9 months. What ever your new job is you had better schedule it around your children not your children around your job. She says well I pay 17% of my income great this isn't about money. Money isn't going to discipline your children... well I get to claim 9 yr on taxes yeah so what? so what if I support him alone well your child support just about covers his medical/dental/ therapy expenses that your supposed to pay 1/2 of anyway. Again this isn't about money.

You need to have some flexibility. If you are not willing to have some flexibiity none will be given... When have you ever called and said hey can I take the kids tonight? but I don't have to I already take them 2 nights thats great but a friday or saturday in 9 months since you started this job ... you have never called any extra time to take them you have weaseled your way out of time with them. That job is done. I expect you to step up and be a mom she's trying to tell me again well I still want to keep sunday nights ... I said nope. Wed friday and every other saturday. but I can't go 4 days with out seeing my kids ..you do that now!!!!! No one is stopping you from picking them up at 6 after dinner and hanging out with them for a couple hours. even if you wanted to take them one on one. But your days will be wed fri and every other saturday. She says Well I am going back to court for a reduction in support ... I said well be warned if it goes any lower.... we will go for a 50/50 split. one week here one week with you You will pay all bills incurred during your weeks and we will pay all bills incurred during our weeks. You are either going to pay with your time or your money you make a choice. I was not included in the last negotiation this time I will be. Again ... i say "your children need you" not your money having money doesn't make you a good parent your time makes you a good parent. Boy does my tongue hurt today.

Again she started crying about not having any money... I said well I made $10 an hour and supported 2 kids full time you mean to tell me you can't on $25.00 an hour? live with in your means. but my bills I don't care what bills you have rob peter pay paul I don't care "your children need you" I don't care if you have to go to soup kitchen or food pantry, feed your children. I told her DSS said we could be charged with neglect along side her if we send the kids there knowing she doesn't have any food. The court house wanted me to file paperwork to have him removed immediately. I never gave my full name to anyone but I do know what the process is and he was informed so now I am informing you.

But my job ... your job is not a factor any longer are you going to come up with new excuses for not being their mother or are you going to step up? And now that you are not working I would use that time to make up for the last 9 months that you weren't

I figured this was my chance to get what I wanted to say off my chest no kids no hubby just me and her. I had nothing to lose ... told her I don't want to be best friends but I don't want to be enemies either. She says good I can tell the kids I talked to you today maybe they will behave for me tonight ... I said DO NOT USE ME AS A DISCIPLINE TOOL its not fair to me ... but how come when I say that they behave ... because they know I say what I mean and mean what I say. I do not waver on a decision. If I say we are going to ________ we go. If I say I will be somewhere I am. If I say you are punished they are. They know they can rely on me. They can call me and I will be there. They don't have that with you. They don't trust anything you say to them. You are always late you figure out ways to not see them ... you don't think they realize this? they are not dumb children they are all very smart... She says they are doing what they need to do to survive ... they are children you should be surviving for them not them for you.

The oldest is graduating sunday ... I asked to pick up the kids at 1 pm since she isn't working. She says well if I pick them up sunday at 1 I am not going to take them on thursday I said them pick them up at 5 and thursday at 3 you can have flexibility or none will be given ... but what if my new job is 9-5 how will I get them at 3 well thats something you will have to figure out. This is why I said wed.6 pm fri.6pm and eo sat. We eat dinner at 5:30 so you won't have to feed them on those days. We have accomodated you long enough. You must have flexibility or none will be given. You are not working there is no excuse for not picking up your children on time or spending extra time with them.

I feel pretty good today even if nothing comes from what we spoke about at least I got if off my chest she knows where she stands and what she has to do. If she doesn't its on her not me.

Comments (8)