SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kurtscott_gw

Stepson Causing Unhappiness

kurtscott
15 years ago

This concerns an almost 22 year-old stepson. I have been with this boy since he was four years old so this is not a new relationship. The laundry list of problems is enormous, but here a few of the highlights. Has stolen money from me in the past (over $1000) by using Mothers debit card (watched her punch in the numbers and later snuck the card from her purse). He has stolen my car stereo as well as former neighborÂs personal property for which he was arrested. Used to constantly smoke pot in his room and even tried growing a plant, of which his mother was aware before I ripped it out since she wouldnÂt do it. Has not held a real job since finishing high school. Usually works for fly-by-night operations and these only last days. Kinda hard to work when you sleep until 3 or 4 in the afternoon. He has since moved out of the house twice, once for about 2 months. Apparently, he got involved in some drug dealing and was very spooked and had to get out of there immediately as did his roomate. He told his mom he was going to move to his dadÂs in another state. On that day he came to house completely wacked out of his mind and violent. He became irate with me, ripped his shirt off, balled his fists and wanted to fight with me. The scene was indescribable with my 14 year old son in the next room. Fortunately I remained in my seat and did not engage with him, but it was difficult. Why would I want to cause damage to my own property? He soon left only after threatening to kill me. There had been many altercations with huge amounts of disrespect on his part, but this one was the worst. I took my son and got out of there and changed the locks on the house. We were all very shaken by this scene. It wouldnÂt have bothered me if I never saw him again for the rest of my life. He moved to Indiana only until his own father kicked him out. Once again he was allowed to move back after my wife pleaded with me crying to let him return only until "he got on his feet". Of course it was the same sad story. He then went to visit a friend after a few weeks about 4 hours away and ended up basically staying, because he fell in love with his friendÂs sister. Something happened with the friend and he just up and left leaving the stepson and his new girlfriend. One day, I was out washing my truck when my wife came out and handed me her cell phone, she said it was him. Not knowing what the phone call was about, I soon found out. He and his girlfriend had no place to go. Being put on the spot, I was taken completely off guard. He asks me if they can come stay until they could "get on their feet". I tell him that I canÂt let him live on the street, but that they would both have to get jobs immediately. By this time I am quite upset with my wife for putting the whole decision on me. I know what the repercussions would be if I had went with my gut and told him no. I would be the bad guy. Now IÂm just the idiot that is being taken advantage of. It has been five weeks and neither one of them are working. While there has been a small effort, it obviously isnÂt enough. I stupidly thought that because he had this girlfriend, that it would somehow be different, that he would be motivated. Unfortunatley, now I have two worthless unmotivated people living in my house doing nothing while I go to work everyday and pay all of the bills. I find myself working longer and longer hours. My blood absolutely boils every second I am home and I have little support from my wife. I just donÂt know how much more I can take. The only thing that keeps me there is my 14 year old. He and I are very, close. He is even having a hard time with all of this, because he sees what it is doing to me and has told me that he feels bad for me. My wife seems depressed all of the time and he notices this too. It is a horrible atmosphere and I just donÂt know what to do. IÂm sorry that this post is so long.

Comments (9)