SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ceph_gw

Sharing a success at soccer

ceph
15 years ago

I was very proud of A__ (FDH's 9yo son) tonight at his last soccer game of the season.

He was sitting on the grass, waiting to listen to Coach at half-time, and another boy kicked a ball right into A__'s face, but he just said "Owwww!" and turned away from the boy to look at me (I was only a few meters away).

I asked if he was OK,

he said he was, but that he was mad,

I told him it was OK to be mad, but that it was VERY good that he didn't try to get back at the other boy.

After the game, we had some hugs and high-fives and so on for how awesome that was, and how proud I was of him. And, to top it off, he didn't even ask for some sort of material reward!! He just said "I know! I'm proud of myself too!"

I was very happy!

(For anyone who is new or has forgotten, A__ is 9 with some pretty big troubles with anger management, in part due to ADHD and in part due to inconsistency in his life. He was in some fights recently, and was starting to have tantrums/meltdowns again. We've really been working hard this spring on anger management and so on, so this is why it's such a big success that I had to share it with everyone!)

Comment (1)