SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skeetie219_gw

Looking to replace existing window and need HELP!

skeetie219
11 years ago

We live in the northeast in a house that's about 30 years old. No doubt we need new windows (17), all are existing double hung some wood and some are what appears to be vinyl Anderson replacement. The Anderson windows are in bad shape since I can see there are actual gaps between the storm window and the frame and can see the outside light not to mention the amount of heat we are losing. Since I know wood windows will be pricey or least that is my assumption, we are pretty much leaning toward the vinyl, albeit we may only do 2 wood in our family room since there is lot of woodwork. So here are my questions are:

Does it matter if we purchase a standard sizes since most of the windows are 36" x 60" or 36" x 72"? Or is custom the way to go?

In general what are installation costs? meaning to remove, install, trim interior and exterior windows. Also the windows on the front of our home (Colonial) have exterior cornices which I would like to replace, any idea of costs? And is it worth it to replace them?

We attended a home show and we overwhelmed by the windows companies but we need to get this done. We just want a good quality and efficient window....

We are starting the job bidding process on Friday,starting with Lowes, Window World, Power Remodel and Garden State Brick face, Siding and Windows.

We had 3 small bathrm windows replaced with Harvey vinyl. Thoughts?

We are open to the expert feedback on GW...I've included a pic obviously the awning are not up during the winter months.

Comments (19)