SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicksmom_gw

Can you believe this? First words out of SD's mouth...

nicksmom
15 years ago

when I pick her up from the airport today. "Oh yeah, before I forget. Mom told me I'm supposed to say I'm not sure what I want to do (about change of custody) yet". I kid you not! Her mother told her to lie.

Of course, this is six days before our status conference next week re: SD wanting change of custody to return to MI for high school. She's told her mom honestly what she wants, and why. Her mom replied with "Well, I guess I'm going to have to work really hard at talking you out of it, I guess."

I cannot believe that her mother is encouraging her to lie! Of course, she's 15, has a very strong interest in law, and has no intentions of lying to anyone. After she told me that in the car, I said, "Oh, really? So you're going to lie?". She replied with, "Of course not! I know exactly what I want to do next year."

Ugh!

Does encouraging your child to lie to the other parent constitute parental alienation of some sort? Whatever it is, it certainly isn't right. I'm sure glad these kids are bright enough to "get it"...they both know exactly what's going on.

More drama to follow, I'm sure...

Comments (24)