SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynn2012

Chrome Mirror like image on new lamp question

susanlynn2012
15 years ago

My new lamp arrived today with rusty wires but I put it together anyway after I took pictures of the damage to see what kind of light the lamp gave to see if I wanted a replacement or to just send it back. After I emailed the pictures to the online store, I was given the option of my money back or a replacement.

I love the bright energy efficient day light type of light the lamp gave (says 500 watts but I counted 480 watts) when I turned it on and this one lamp was brighter than the three Staples brushed steel lamps I have in the room right now that give off incandescent lighting. Two clients that stopped by loved the light it gave and one that initially disliked the mirror like image on the top part of the lamp covering the 4 bulbs, told me once that light came on, he feels get rid of my three inefficient glaring lights and get two of these and my office will be twice lit up and finally not be so dark.

My question is if I can live with such a shiny chrome top part of the lamp if clients can see their reflection knowing it is modern and fits my decor in my office and knowing nothing is perfect and at least I will have light at last. I just wish the top part was brushed steel.

Here is a link that might be useful: Picture of the modern chrome top, brushed steel stem lamp for my home office

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living