SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lionessrose

Mirror Image Seedling, Twin, Deformed, Normal ??

lionessrose
18 years ago

Hello all.Have a seedling question. All of my babies are OP. I collected hips from several locations Aug. Sept. 2005, but did not research the mother plant(s). I have now gone back and found out, of the 18 roses I obtained hips from, seedlings may or may not be from: French Perfume, Melody Parfumee, Tigress, Tropicana, Chicago Peace, Seirra Skye & Falstaff. The other 11 mother plants are at this time unknown. Now for my question. I have one seedling that has me scratching my head. It reminds me of a mirror image. As far as I know it is only one rose with 1 cane, however each new leaf or (stipule/petiole/stem?) appear to be identical on each side of the cane, they are not off-set, one grows above the other, like my other seedlings. I have not pulled her out to look at her roots, in fear of killing her. Here are pictures: Each stipule/petiole/stem identical on cane, one grows on one side of cane,one on the other side:
{{gwi:1236393}}
Top leaf has 2 leaves one on top of other, but each have their own petoile or stem:
{{gwi:1236394}}{{gwi:1236395}}

Hope the pictures help with trying to describe what I am seeing.Any feedback would be great. I just don't know what to think about this little lady. Is she normal, a twin or deformed?? Thank you. Lioness

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets