SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juddgirl2

Finally - drywall! Now what paint color for great room? (Pics)

juddgirl2
14 years ago

Yay - after living with open walls and ceilings forever (okay, a few months) while DH rewired our house, the drywall is going in tomorrow! He still needs to do the lighting in the kitchen ceiling so I have a few weeks before paint, but I want to be ready. No delays! I still need to choose a color for the great room but I'm not very good at choosing colors.

We have an open floor plan, and all rooms sort of flow into the great room, which is right in the middle. We're using SW Antique White for trim, Believable Buff in foyer, kitchen and hallways, and Whole Wheat or Harmonic Tan in living/dining rooms (leaning towards WW).

DH wants a darker, cozy color in the great room, and I think he'd be open to browns, greens, blues or gold. The room has very high vaulted ceilings and 4 skylights, so there's plenty of light. Lots of trim, since we're installing pillars and molding in all 3 arches in the room, and the wood floors will be stained medium to dark brown.

The only furniture in the room now is a mahogany pool table (the safe will find a new home) but I may eventually bring in my dark caramel colored leather couches and a corner cabinet, so maybe brown isn't the best option? Maybe SW Burlap?

(Here's what I've been living with. The room with drywall is the great room, opening into kitchen and living room.)

Comments (17)