SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
polly929

Finally! It looks like a room, instead of a mess of toys! Pics

polly929
12 years ago

Since we moved into this fixer upper home, I have been at a loss as to what to do with this room. It was once the front porch, but a previous owner enclosed it and converted it to living space and it is completely open to my living room. Initially I made it a sitting area, and also a "play" area for the kids. But when guests come into the house, it is the first thing they see, and it usually was overtaken with toys, no matter how neatly they were arranged. Smack! Toys as soon as you walk in. Not exactly what I wanted.

Here is how it looked a few years ago:

As the kids got bigger, and we added another one, the toys were out of control. The space became just random chairs and overflowing toy bins.

I couldn't take it anymore. I asked about how you all felt about a daybed in the space. I got very mixed responses and held off. The toys continued to take over the space. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. I asked again. This time I was pointed in the direction of World Market and ordered a daybed from there. I made new drapes b/c I couldn't take the drab color of the ones I had. I am so happy how it turned out. Here it is:

This is now what you see when you enter from my foyer. Yes, there are still toys, but it now looks more cozy to me, and the toys all have a place.

Here is a close up of the daybed and drapes I made:

Thank you to all of you who made suggestions. I truly do appreciate all the feedback.

Comments (33)