SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Finally, pics of our completed beach house -- pic heavy!

Sueb20
13 years ago

Over the past year when I have mentioned this beach house reno, people have asked me to post pics when it was done. I finally got around to taking some pictures when we were snowed in there last weekend.

Brief background: we bought the house about 3 years ago for the location, but the 2nd floor of this small Cape Cod style house was claustrophobic and poorly built (it was an addition from around 1970). In the beginning, all we intended was to expand the 2nd floor. In the end, we had almost rebuilt the entire house.

So, here are the pictures. I couldn't take pics of DS1 and DS2's bedrooms because they were sleeping in them at the time! The light is weird in some of these because we were snowed in. Also, keep in mind that most of the furniture was repurposed from the original house so some of it is not "designer worthy" but most of it is from flea markets and consignment shops. I've identified paint colors FYI. I know we all like to know paint colors!

Here is the kitchen -- a project that was not part of our original plan, but this came under the "well, while they're here..." category. The old kitchen was 25 years old with orangey oak cabinets, vinyl flooring the color of mold, and beige formica counters.

New wall color is BM Daquiri Ice. Picked it to coordinate with my pale jadeite cabinet pulls.

The first floor bath/laundry. Walls are Frosted Petal, chosen to coordinate with funky new sconces.

This is the TV room/den. These walls are Quiet Moments. Loove this color.

DD wasn't about to move off the sofa for me.

Here's the living room in Odessa Pink, my favorite pink paint!

Stairway from living room upstairs.

Sunroom. Color is Rich Cream.

Peek into the new screen porch from the sunroom. Main access to the screen porch is from double doors in kitchen which you can see in earlier pics.

Upstairs hallway. Paint is Lookout Point.

Kids' bath: Artic Blue. Shocking at first but fun!

DD's room. Not the best pic but it's an odd shaped room so hard to get a good picture. Pale Vista.

Master bedroom walls are Edgecomb Gray and ceiling is Healing Aloe. Master bath walls are also Healing Aloe, and closet walls are Quiet Moments. I absolutely love this room. We can see the beach from our bed!

This is the doorway to our walk-in closet, tucked into the far corner so no need for a door. Thought the architect was nuts at first, but love it now.

Balcony off the master:

Master bath:

One of my best finds: The vanity was a sideboard I bought off CL for $100 and had painted. Granite top was a remnant from the granite yard. Fixtures were all Restoration Hardware on sale. Mirror from Overstock.

Our fab shower:

Oops, lighting is really weird in that pic. Tile is much lighter than it appears. It's limestone, which was a huge splurge but we wanted our master bed/bath to feel luxurious!

The house exceeded our expectations (and our budget)... wish I had pics of the exterior but as I said, these were taken in the middle of a snow storm! Needless to say, we're looking forward to summer.

Comments (46)