SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ceph_gw

Bathroom update about 9yo

ceph
16 years ago

So, like we talked about, I bought wipes. BF and I decided that it didn't matter which one of us talked to A__. So I did it... The conversation went like this (almost word for word):

"Hey, A__, we bought some wet wipes for you to use in the bathroom when you need them. You said that sometimes, even though you try your best, you just can't get it all, so we thought these might help."

He buried his face in a couch cushion and I continued "I know this is a little awkward, but you just listen to me and try to do it when you go to the bathroom and you don't have to respond to what I say, OK?"

He nodded in the pillow and I continued "When you go poop, take about 6 square of toilet paper, fold them over a couple times, and wipe in a couple directions. Stay close to your bumhole when you wipe, so you don't spread it onto your cheeks. Fold it over once more and do another swipe, check if it's still dirty. If it is, get fresh paper and do it again the same way. If it's still dirty after that, get a wipe and do the same. You can use two wipes in one flush, but more will clog the toilet, so no more than that. The wipes will help a lot, because they're just like toilet paper, only damp, so they'll work like a cloth. If after that, you still didn't get it all, you can hop in the shower really quickly. You don't have to get your hair or face wet, just soap up your bum, then get out and get dressed again. Dad and I won't say anything to you if we hear a quick shower after you go to the bathroom, because we told you it's OK. We want you to have good hygiene, so we'll do what we can do help you. I'll ask you tomorrow what you thought of the wipes, and if you like them, I can ask Mom to get some for you too for at her house."

He snapped his head out the cushion "DO NOT tell my mom I can't wipe my bum right!" "Well, kiddo, Mom does your laundry, so she knows you have trouble and I know she'd want to help you too. If the wetwipes make it easier, we should tell her" "Well, OK... If you say she knows already..."

All is well. He goes to the bathroom awhile later, and reported back to me "I only peed, but I'll try the wipes later". Excellent.

Then BF made me so mad I wanted to "hit him with the lamp"!

A__ was heading into the bathroom, and BF started teasing him with "If you're too much of a baby to wipe your bum, I'll have to do it for you, like when you were little"

A__ came out of the bathroom, I quietly asked if he tried the wetwipes and he looked terribly upset and said "No, because they're for babies and I'm not a baby, no matter what Dad says!"

I showed him the box, that it says "for kids" not "for babies" and he still looked like he was about to cry and was just GLARING at BF.

So now I'm hopping mad at BF, because I did this in the least embarrassing way I could, being open and matter-of-fact, telling A__ it was OK to feel a little awkward about the situation, and he MADE FUN OF A__!!

Now A__ feels like a baby, and is ashamed of that he has trouble with wiping.

GRAGGH!! Why the h3ll would he think making fun of A__ on his way into the bathroom was a good idea? He saw and heard my chat with A__ about it, and that A__ responded as well as can be expected to a chat about bumwiping, so what the h3ll was he hoping to accomplish by belittling him?!

Anyone have a lamp to lend me?

Comments (33)