SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
colliegirl29

need help with paint color for basement please

colliegirl29
12 years ago

Hi. We have a nice large L-shaped basement with several daylight windows. We've been thinking of painting the walls for a while but have not been able to choose colors. A couple weeks ago, we had a minor plumbing problem, causing some flooding in our basement so now we HAVE to paint the walls.

I need help choosing a paint color please. I really like the color blue. In my guest bedroom, the walls are painted BM Airway 828. I like it but it is a bit too "sweet" looking to me. Not really sure how else to describe how I feel about it except maybe "too pastel" or too "baby nursery". I toned it down quite a bit by choosing accents in varying shades of much darker blues (think navy and blueberry).

I want to use a blue on my basement walls but believe the BM Airway 828 will be too light for that room. Have looked at and painted large swaths of BM Stratford Blue 831. I like it but it appears too "muddy" to me. Do you think going in between these shades on the paint card would be the best choice (BM Harlequin blue 830)? Hubby wants to put a gray shade on the walls but if it is too light it will disappear into my carpeting. I think if it is too dark (we tried BM Hearthstone), it will look institutional. Thanks! Kate

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County