SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redroze_gw

Stairs done - Need help choosing paint colours

redroze
13 years ago

The stairs are done minus a few paint touch ups on the risers. The two volute posts (large ones at the bottom of the stairs) were supposed to be stained brown like the top end post but they gave us paint grade ones by mistake so we did them white. I think they look okay as is. So now we're trying to figure out what paint colour to do our entryway. I've been seeing the current posts on warm grey and am thinking of Edgecomb Gray for the entryway and Revere Pewter for the living room which comes off the entryway to the right. Do you think it would work well? Any other warm grays you can suggest from Benjamin Moore? I know they've very neutral which I like, but there are just so many neutrals out there that it's hard to narrow down! The entryway is currently Manchester Tan which reads too yellow for our tastes - it worked with our old golden floors.

Before:

Interim stage where we had carpet:

After - Thanks to everyone who suggested keeping the rounded railings and getting tapered spindles. The little curvy cubby at the bottom will house a chair (probably a cute Louis style grey upholstered one that's painted white) where we can put our shoes on as we have no place for a bench right now, and we'll do a long 4x11 runner:

At the end of the hall is our family room/kitchen which is painted in Natural Cream.

View of our messy living room off the entryway...the white couch stays and we're adding neutral furnishings, a gas fireplace, but that's later down the line.

Comments (11)