SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
johanna_millersidel

Need help choosing a paint colour for kitchen cabinets

I need some colour help! Our kitchen has zero redeeming qualities and it's in need of a full gut. Budgets won't allow for this to happen for quite some time so I'm trying to not hate everything about my kitchen by painting the cabinets. We have a 1920's house, original oak floors through the kitchen and open concept (peninsula) to the dinning room which we use as our primary and sole eating/craft/homework/gathering space. The kitchen has a south-facing window and west-facing glass door so we get a decent amount of sun.

My dilemma is what colour to paint our cabinets given our awful dark green melamine counter tops, terrible beige backsplash and our wall colour through this combined space (Benjamine Moore Marilyn's Dress). I want them to stand out less, so white is out of the question. I'm wondering if a mossy green would do the trick or a taupe-grey? I've compare Benjamine Moore paint swatches to the counters, it's closest match would be Youkon Green and Dollar Bill Green with some very slight light specking.

I really like some of the more neutral colours here: http://www.theweatheredfox.com/fixer-upper-paint-colors/

(big fan of Joanna Gaines!)

TIA!

Comments (8)