SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
avesmor_gw

Please help w/ lighting selection (pics)

avesmor
13 years ago

New construction - going crazy with my lighting choices and I could REALLY use some help! I'm all over the place. :(

I'm including pics of what I plan, and the kitchen's floorplan so you can see how areas relate:

No urgency "right now" but I need to start thinking about my lighting. The kitchen level will be the challenge, emphasis on kitchen.

The entire floor will be hardwood, middle grade white oak - either natural or a very heavily cut brown (probably - still waiting on sample boards) and a matte finish. Here is one of my inspiration photos:

Cabinets will be custom in knotty alder with shaker doors, probably just a bit darker than the floor so that I can have some contrast while still being able to enjoy the knottiness of the cabinetry.

Trim is craftsman, painted. Visible doors will be 5-panel solid (painted), and a pair of french pocket doors.

ISLAND:

Want 3 mini pendants and a translucent shade. Here are some I like. I would select the breakfast area light based on the pendants since they are visually in line with each other (they will all backdrop against a stone fireplace from the kitchen, and the cooktop backsplash/hood/wall from the living room):

My running faves are the first one with the white glass, or the one with the green backdrop.

Mud room top 2 (for now):

{{!gwi}}

The foyer - I want glassless, so these are my top 2 (for now):
{{!gwi}}{{!gwi}}

If I'm not beyond help, I thank you kindly for any input. :)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!