SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathline_gw

Is this high school, or what?

kathline
16 years ago

Okay, why do I feel as if I have stepped back in time to high school. This is becoming nothing but a catfight between certain chatters.

Really. Bio moms like to blame every problem with children on the stepmom and/or ex husband. Step moms like to blame every problem on the bio mom. Some like to blame the kids. There is no shortage of blame accusations going around, and its ALWAYS someone elses fault.

What amazes me is the extent of personal attacks going on. For god's sake, who really cares if someone made mistakes twenty years ago? It doesnt make them less of a person now, nor, in fact, did it make them less of a person twenty years ago. It just made the a person making a mistake, and if there is ANYONE out there who didnt make mistakes as a young person, my hat is off to you.

My biggest mistake was marrying my ex :D

Its also more than understandable that some people hang on to pain much longer than they need to. Sometimes, feeling the pain seems to be a better solution than letting it go, because letting it go is scary and requires change. The problem with becoming hung up on the past is that everything you see in the now is filtered through your past experiences. It makes you lash out at people who really have nothing to do with your situation. Until someone can let go of what was and see the opportunity in what might be, their life will go around in circles. Its not the best way to live, but it is understandable. You have to be ready to make the change, and everyone is ready when , well, they are ready. You cant force it.

I will say that letting go, and moving toward healing and forgivness is a wonderful feeling, better than losing twenty lbs. It opens the future and lest you see what MIGHT be, instead of the pain that was past.

This reads like a bunch of psychobabble, even to me, and I wrote it. I guess the point is that none of us know each other well enough to condemn a person for their choices and their attitudes, neither current ones, nor past mistakes. If your feelings get hurt by what perfect strangers say , maybe a forum isnt the best place for you.

I just get sick of individual attacks going on. A huge dose of compassion is in order for any of the other posters who dont see things quite as we do ourselves. Empathy can never hurt.

Comments (3)