SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lbc14

New to crafting - need guidance on project!

lbc14
16 years ago

Hi,

I was hoping I could get some guidance on the materials needed for a specific project I want to try. I'm typically not very creative but I decided to go ahead and give this project a try anyway.

I've recently repainted my bathroom. The mirror on my medicine cabinet has an area near the bottom right hand corner that is slightly damaged. Instead of buying a new one I thought I would try to put a border around the mirror itself. I would need to use some sort of stencil as I am not good at drawing. For those experienced in this sort of a project what type of paint or other supplies would I need? And, can I just use any sort of a stencil that would fit the area? Also, do I need to spray anything on the mirror to get the paint to stick? Once the paint was on can the mirror be cleaned using Windex like normal?

Sorry for all the questions but I have no idea where to start but want to give it a try. I really like the shape of the mirror so I want to try to salvage it. Last question. How hard of a project is this? Is this something a novice crafter could undertake with success?

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions/advice!

~Lisa

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County