SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fleur222

Quickly help...natural cherry or cream cabinets

fleur222
15 years ago

With only 10 weeks until company is going to be visiting from afar, I must finish my kitchen. I did not realize how overwhelmed I would be with all of the choices. We are completely gutting,except for the flooring, the 1950's cape kitchen, which only had about 2 feet of counter space. We have a working floor plan for the kitchen of only 14 x 9 feet. The rest of the house has been remodeled and has quite an open floor plan. All of the walls are cream colored and I have white wooden slat blinds on the windows. I love the open light and airy feeling of my home, but I can not decide if I want to place cream colored cabinets (with a slight stain to give them dimension) or a natural cherry to give the kitchen some warmth and "grounding." All of the floors are a natural red oak, including the kitchen.

I may stay in this home for a few more years, but plan to sell one day. I do not want to put in a kitchen that is trendy or would not appeal to others.

I also want to keep in line with the rest of the house.

I have looked a many pictures on line and especially love the mixed woods...I think if I had a large kitchen, I would go with a light cream cabinet and a cherry island. I like pictures of white kitchens too.

Natural cherry is beautiful, but I am afraid it will make the kitchen feel smaller and closed in. With cream, I am afraid that we will feel like we are floating in the clouds with all of the cream and white in my home already.

One day I lean towards one, and the next day the other. Any thoughts on this matter? We were planning to have them custom made by a company which gave a pretty good price and make beautiful cabinets. The clock is ticking though and I need to make a decision. Thanks!

Comments (3)