SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tdedwards_gw

Finished Kitchen - Soapstone, Cherry & Cream Cabinets

tdedwards
14 years ago

I've posted some photos of my new kitchen in response to some posts, but thought I'd share the full kitchen since this site was such a great resource for our very hurried planning (we only had 2 weeks to plan and pick out everything before demo started!). Our contractor stocked most of the materials used - cherry cabinets, hardwood floors, sink, backsplash and vent hood- so little lead time was needed. The cream armstrong cabinets were ordered elsewhere and arrived the day after they finished the floors (just in time!).

We had a very small kitchen and 1/3 of the small counterspace was occupied by a microwave. We also had a small adjacent breakfast room, but since the wall between is load bearing and had plenty of ducts and pipes, we couldn't combine the spaces.

Our solution was to move the fridge over into an existing closet, and open up the wall into the dining room. We placed a peninsula with breakfast bar where the fridge stood to gain more counter and storage space. Dishwasher, corner sink and stove stayed in the same locations. We placed a wall of pantry and work space in the old breakfast room.

Here are our finished photos:

Comments (29)