SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
merimom_gw

Does this price sound right for Kraftmaid cherry cabinets?

merimom
16 years ago

Sorry to clutter up the forum with my own insecurities, but we are getting ready to sign on that dotted line and I am just looking for reassurance (or warnings?) about the price we were quoted.

Maybe Kompy can chime in if you're out there?

Here's what we have:

Kraftmaid cherry Lennox Court door (Home Depot exclusive door), solid raised panel, standard "Sunset" stain.

12x13 kitchen, U-shaped plus a peninsula, so 4 "walls" of cabinets

22 linear feet of base cabinets

23 linear feet of upper cbinets

Plus one 24x36 pantry with deluxe dovetailed roll-outs and undermounted glides

The upper cabinets include: All 30" height, except for 2 corner cabs that are 36"x15". Cabinet above stove/micro is increased to 15" deep as well and is 18 inches tall to achieve total height of 36 over stove; two 3x36x15 fluted columns for the side of the microwave/cabinet above stove; Six 24" 2-door cabinets; 36x12x24 for over frig with wood wall panel on one side; 12" angled cab for end of upper run; Plywood furniture ends for 3 exposed cabinets.

The base cabinets include: 33"x27" sink cab with fluted clipped corners, tilt out, and plywood construction (all other cabs are standard construction); 15" full height trash pullout; one blind corner cab (no pullout system); two 36" wood super susans; 30" and 27" 3-drawer base cabs; two 18" and one 12" standard base (no pullouts).

2" crown molding for all uppers

Wood toe kick

One decorative door for end run of peninsula; We also recessed the toe kick for that cabinet

Wood skin for the back of the peninsula

A couple base and wall fillers

One tall filler for between pantry and wall

Soft close, full-extension drawer glides on all cabs

Price: $11,500 including 6% tax and delivery (no installation)

This price includes some of HD's own promos and them matching some Lowe's promos: free sink base $500; free drawer glides $575; 10% off total order; $200 for opening HD credit card and 12-mo no payments

I have read on this forum that some people have found they could get the custom cabinets for the price of the big box semi-custom lines so that makes us second guess ourselves. We did price out one local cab maker who does his own semi-custom line and it was about the same price, but only for the most basic door styles. We also got a Merillat quote for about $12,500 which did not include some of the upgrades. Lowe's also came in a little higher...They would probably match the HD price if I haggled, but we like the HD door style better (Shame too bc I prefer to shop at Lowe's).

Any opinions are appreciated. I tried to post my layout but my computed kept crashing every time I tried to reduce the resolution on my pic for some reason. I eventually gave up!

Thanks so much! This forum has been a great resource for me!

Comments (14)