SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
billyus

He is ruining my marrage

billyus
16 years ago

To start let me say that I am happily married to a beautiful mother of two boys; 12 and 18. When we first got together the boys had no problems with me, we got along great...until the wedding day allmost 2 years ago. The eldest boy Jimmy all of a sudden didnt like me; in fact he has been known to say he hates me. Jason; the 12 year old on the other hand loves me and has accepted me as his father and often says he "loves me"(the boys real father passed away 4 years ago of a heartattack)

Jimmy started rebelling at 16 using drugs and drinking. Something he knows we are strictly against as we are clean and sober, And work a program. He knew how to tear up his mom the most. I sat down with him and told him I was not there to replace his dad but I love his mother very much and she love me, we want to have a happy family. But my talk was to no avail, he continued to disrespect his mother and I with his using and self centered attitude.

Now, to make a long story short at 18 we told him he had to clean up or move out. He decided to move out(weed was too important to him at this time) so we helped him get into a place as he has a job and can now afford to live on his own.

Life is so much calmer in the household now but after a few months on his own he said he wants to "come home". His mom see's how sad he is and wants to do anything to help,(momma bird). She had a talk with him last night and he said he hates me and cant live here with me in the same house. She said the kids come first and maybe I'll have to go stay at my mothers or something while she tries to help Jimmy.

All of a sudden my family and life seems to be comming down around me. I love her with all my heart and want to help but I cant bear being with out her and my new family.

I love both these boys and want to be a part of their family but he(Jimmy) will have nothing to do with me.

Please help this hurt and scared dad keep his family.

HELP!!!

Bill

Comments (12)