SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barb5_gw

I'm not feeling the love for these doors. Help!

barb5
13 years ago

I live in a replica of a center hall colonial. The original was built in the 1700s. Up to now I have used traditional colors, both inside and out. But I am trying to spruce things up for a home business, part of which entails selling and arranging flowers. So I have been thinking fresh, modern, fun.....and sadly, I think I am striking out, or at the least just beginning to look silly.

Please tell me what you think. Really. I want honest opinions. If you were a bride to be, or perhaps a mother of the bride, and were coming out to my little farm to scope out flowers, what would be your impressions of the colors of the doors? I won't be insulted if they aren't favorable, I'm frankly not feeling the love either.

What should I do? Go back to traditional colors? Suggestions for other colors?

The door color before I painted it. Kind of a plum maroon color. All the exterior doors were this same color.

{{gwi:1726448}}

I painted the garage door periwinkle. I love periwinkle, but I am not loving how it looks next to the yellow of the house. The yellow is not a bright yellow, but is somewhat muddy and I think this is what is affecting the periwinkle. I don't really know what color to go to, perhaps what I had but with more plum than maroon?

{{gwi:1762285}}

And here is the green I painted the interior porch door. I love the green but again not with the yellow of the house. I think there is just too little contrast, and this is a darker green than what I was originally going to use! Sometimes I look at it and think it is OK, other times not.

{{gwi:1762286}}

I have always liked the green of this chair next to the house yellow, but I am afraid that if I paint the door this green, it will not look good next to the greens in the couch that is next to the door.

{{gwi:1762287}}

What do to do???

Comments (36)