SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cefreeman_gw

OT: Counting my blessings.

CEFreeman
11 years ago

So.

I've finished staining and sealing the spice pull out thing that is going between the vanities in my MBR.

God bless H4H, it was $15.00.

I've cooked for a week in my progressing kitchen. Yesterday it was a lobster pot full of English beef stew. Today it's a lobster pot full of spaghetti sauce (yum!) and tomorrow it's vegetable soup and probably my stuffing. The last time I cooked like this was Thanksgiving weekend and it has lasted me until now!

God bless zip lock baggies and a freezer.

Today the farmer that mows my fields for hay (keeps my agricultural exemption) stopped by because the neighbors, who have built a 3000sq illegal church next door, are digging out their front lawn for a parking lot. He wanted to know if I could use the dump trucks of top soil.

Since the fire, the grading on my house is so very bad, in the summer I have ankle deep swamps against the side of the house. Mosquito heaven.

Thank God they don't bite me. They used to eat my STBX alive. [snicker] I digress.

After I finished jumping up and down screaming "YES YES YES!" They started unloading this beautiful, rich topsoil. He's pulling in with load 10 as we speak!

God bless my Farmer Dave.

Farmer Dave's son is running the bobcat and smoothing it all out for me.

God bless Farmer Dave's son Brian and his BobCat.

I've been blessed to see Kharma in action, so I know God'll take care of the preacher next door, who lies to the county and his neighbors, ignores the laws of the land (zoning) and feels that because it's a church, he can do whatever he wants. So far, since no one is stopping him, he's not wrong. So much for protected acreage in PG County, MD.

In the meanwhile,

Thank God for his dirt.

And I can see it all from my kitchen window as I stir my spaghetti sauce.

I have many, many setbacks I moan about here. However, I remind myself of the many people God blesses me with, who pop up out of the woodwork and are so kind to me.

God bless my little construction site of a house, my kitties and dogs, and God bless my window.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer