SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eldorado_hills

RE: Hello I got an email from my -ex

eldorado_hills
15 years ago

Disengage: Her email is very consistent and is a business like letter.

Hi XXX,

I just wanted to ensure that our daughter is not compromised and moved around back and forth. I am happy to know that you are willing to work with me and are committed to giving our daughter a happy life.

I prefer receiving the money into my bank a/c directly.

Let me know the amount and the time when you can start providing me both child and spousal support. Based on the information you provide, I will work on bringing her here ASAP.

We can work out the logistics of the money transactions, once we have arrived at the plan. I will wait for your confirmation.

Regards,

xxxx

---------------------This is My Response--------------------

Hi XXXX

I went through both your emails carefully. Both of them indicating to me, you wished to keep the relationship on an "arms length" basis-- and that's as business as it gets.

You discussed my options in a professional manner. In order to avoid future misunderstanding, and gain some assurance, I suggest that we go through the Court/DCSS. They will be fair to both of us.

I made this decision after thinking about our daughter -- I can not make mistakes making emotional decisions. I would not be fair to myself with my proposal. I don't want to propose that I can't keep.

There is no change in plan, I am committed to financially support our daughter, be there for her and pay my spousal support.

Regards,

XXXX

------------------This is what my issue is. I would like to get your suggestion----------------

1. Our daughter is not in US, so according to the home state act, state can not collect Child Support from me.

2. We did not enter any agreement whether through the court or outside, what the child expenses are? *** I wanted to be fair to both of us, including our daughter ***

3. I have been putting money aside in the Trust account so far. I have not told her about it. Should I disclose it ? or No need? Or disclose it the court? As you know, court is not involved on the child at the moment.

The minute our daughter comes back to US, then home state law kicks in, we need to look at earnings/expenses and go for a modification. Because I don't what she is making, she does not what I am making. I just wanted to fair the viewers presenting my case.

4. I am committed to pay the spousal support, I am current so far through DCSS.

5. We were going back and forth on the payment whether through DCSS or Directly. I had two minds on that, then I told her I don't have any preference. If we have mutual understanding then I do not have any issues directly depositing into her account.

Her email clearly show just like a business email. Generally for business like emails, I wanted to reply in the same manner. It does not have feelings in it. I don't want to bring feelings into it.

After reading "disengage" views, I felt both her emails, just like business letter. With this type of arrangements, I don't want to risk myself paying her directly into her bank account. We ran into the problem before.

She now included the child support into the direct payment to her. Since we did not enter any agreement, I don't want to say no or yes. Rather have DCSS involve in this matter.

The child support money will be awarded to her if the Child is in the US, that is the state law. Expenses will be way too low in the home country compare to the expenses that we incur if we have to take care of the child in U.S

------------------------------------------------

I really appreciate your response.

Comments (6)