SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saramae585_gw

Help!!! I've become obsessed with GW!!!

16 years ago

My DH (who is stranded on the couch recovering from gal bladder surgery) just asked me what I could possibly be doing on the computer for 4 hours! OMG has it been that long? I AM obsessed! I can't begin to tell all of you how helpful this site has been to me. It makes me warm and fuzzy inside to see how you all help each other out.

We are currently renovating an 1850 home. Fell in love with the village setting near a canal and realized we would rather invest our money there than start from scratch. It's been an interesting few months that's for sure. We are fortunate enough to be able to move out completely during the process.

So... my biggest project (after finishing with the architect :~)) has been the kitchen. It has been wonderful to hear from all of you and see so many beautiful kitchens. I wish I could just take one of your kitchens and insert it into our home!

Toughest decision thus far... GRANITE! Please help me! I went with a cream color cabinet and love the contrast of light cabinets with dark countertops. We have chosen SS appliances and are planning on a darker hardwood floor. I saw titanium granite a local distributor and love it. I have a little hesitation because it seems generally cooler in tone and my cabinets are on the warmer side. Although, there is a caramel color running through the granite. I guess I could use some direction! Can anyone help? Any suggestions for a black granite that has warm tones in it? Pictures are always great!

My DH is going to kill me if I sit here all day but I want to be certain!!! Thanks to all of you who have taken time to help a stranger!

Sara

Comments (17)