SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
my3dogsii

Another Maine CL bargain find! Italian chairs for $40 each

My3dogs ME zone 5A
14 years ago

I saw these weeks ago, when OSH was going to see them in Freeport, but couldn't pin down the seller for a time. She eventually bought a desk chair in navy faux leather that is beautiful, and perfect for her study.

So I finally got a small window of time to see the seller today. Come to find out she is a naval pilot, stationed at Maine's Brunswick Naval Air Base, which is closing soon, She flew to Jacksonville, FL and back yesterday, and will be stationed there this winter.

Anyhow...the top picture is from her CL ad, and the others of the cane back one are in my living room. The label under the seats show that they were made in Milan, Italy. The leather is ivory, not the white that it appears in her pic. I paid $40 each.

I'll keep the cane back one as it is. For the other, I may make it a tad more French country by making a seat cushion to sit on top of the leather one, and back cover that I may just make ties for, and following the curve of the back, make a Âslip cover for the back and tie it down where the wood on the side meets the seat. Not quite like my dream chair in the link below, but maybe with a little sewing, I can get that 'flavor'.

Craigslist ad picture

Better pic of leather color in my living room.

Blurry detail at top

Detail below seat

Here is a link that might be useful: My dream chair on eBay

Comments (27)