SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marisany

Second guessing myself

marisany
15 years ago

I have a sunroom off the LR. The house is a 1931 center hall colonial, and as you come in the door, the LR is to the left, sunroom is through the LR with two arches (fireplace in the middle of the arches. I have a lot of windows in the sunroom and LR, large 8 over 8 sashes. I have ordered the group in the link below from Ballard. There is an upholstered bench L-shaped sectional (being upholstered in ticking green), a round table, and two chairs (table and chairs in the red). The table and chairs are already here, I unpacked the chairs but the table is still in the boxes. I'm thinking now that I must have been nuts, that the table is too large, that this will look like a dining space. The original idea was to have a game table, to use for playing cards and board games and doing puzzles, which would have been square and smaller, and 4 chairs. My son pointed out that a round table would allow more people to sit around it (he sometimes has friends over playing games or poker). I thought this was a good idea, and started looking at round tables. Then I saw the grouping in the Ballard catalog and loved it. I thought that the benches would be cozy and comfortable for doing puzzles, reading, etc.

Now I'm worried that I got carried away, and the whole thing will look like an eating area. It is planned for the front corner of the sunroom, very visible from LR and front entry (the back corner has French doors and this group can't be moved). I do have a DR, on the other size of the foyer. It has a large table.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ballard furniture group

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!