SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2reese_gw

Need help with dining room/dining chairs, please! Lots of pics!

mom2reese
14 years ago

I would love, love to get your help on this!

I'm finally getting to the dining room of our new house, and I can't decide what dining chairs to use with it. I can go with the traditional Parsons chairs that "go" with the table, but I'd like to think a little outside the box. The table is fairly traditional, and I like to mix modern and traditional in my home.

Our house is what I call "modern craftsman" (lots of stone, steel, and wood and craftsman elements), and the interior is pretty modern/eclectic. The dining room is right off the foyer and is pretty open, so I've included pics of the table plus the surrounding areas to give you a feel of what the space looks likes.

Any suggestions on chairs or other design ideas for the dining room is GREATLY appreciated. I spent so much time working on the the design of the house in general that now I've lost steam. I am looking for a long buffet to go underneath the big long window.

Dining table (seats 8-10 without leaf)

{{!gwi}}

View from house entrance

{{!gwi}}

Iron stairs next to dining room (stainless steel cables are going to be added between the black "clips")

{{!gwi}}

Asian armoire I'm using as a hutch

{{!gwi}}

Back wall leading to butler's pantry

{{!gwi}}

Kitchen on other side of butler's pantry (old pic - I've since added artwork and some accessories/chairs)

{{!gwi}}

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments (13)