SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
parma42

FH dining room table finally here, lots of pics

parma42
15 years ago

Well, for those of you who have been following my new house struggles...the DR table is finally here. It's a French Heritage with a carved edge. I like it a lot. The pics here are without the leaf.

I'm showing the other pics because it's an open concept with angles everywhere.

The only things staying are my mom's corner hutch, the curved sofa in the LR, the settee, the piece in the entry, and the Century chair ($150 at a Toms Price outlet in Chicago) that's on the right side of the DR table. The black Chinoiserie coffee table that I got on craigslist looks pretty big in front of the sofa, yes? Plant, lamps, end table, all going.

Walls are SW Ivoire that's reading really yellow.

What I need...DR chairs, buffet in the DR nook, window treatments everywhere, something to do with the odd niche in the entry (last time I asked about it, DH wasn't to thrilled with ideas of drywalling over it, lol)crown in the DR and was thinking of some molding on part of the DR ceiling and maybe a subtle green metallic in the center), something special to do in the DR nook where the smaller buffet is now.

Oh, and did I mention that I'm running out of money?

The dining room is important to me because it's one of the only rooms that doesn't have 18-20 ft ceilings so I can actually have some fun with it.

I've been narrowing down my search for rugs (with OS's help) :) and think I've found one for the DR.

My style? is French/Italian eclectic with the back of the house being much more relaxed.

Any and all, people...keep 'em coming.

Thanks!

Comments (50)