SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roorezzi

help me with curb appeal/plantings

roorezzi
15 years ago

Hi Everyone - I need some help with some foundation plantings.

Last year we did a new walkway and garden in the front on one side. The other side has NOTHING. We bought a boxwood for next to the steps but I just don't know what to do with the rest of it.

We will also probably be replacing the front door - something with some more decorative glass (either painting it brown or getting a fiberglass chocolate mahogany.

The area under the bedroom windows is approx 25 ft. I would like to keep anything that will go near the windows to be under window height - 4 ft or less. PLease help!!

I don't know if anyone has the time to do some photoshopping but that would help. :-)

I am also having problems with some of the plantings that I planted last year next to the walkway. I would probably like to move some of that to reuse on the other side. I think we put too much in this small area - and the plants have gotten big that it looks unkept.

List of plants that I have to re-use:

2 autumn joy sedum

2 salvia (1 white and 1 purple)

How do u keep this upright - mine falls down and flops??

Daylillies ( if you think they are too much for that small garden)

3 smaller hydrangea bushes

(bought earlier this year and they have been growing in pots til I find a

place for them. I will prob only use 2 in the front if I can. I will be

putting one by the driveway

See pics below:

Overview (this was last year - front small garden has grown ALOT!!

{{gwi:40669}}

Left side of porch - where I want to plant - see the new boxwood - this was the biggest I would get from the local nursery

{{gwi:40670}}

{{gwi:40671}}

View from other side of front garden

{{gwi:40672}}

I know there is a landscape forum and will try to post that there as well - but I tend to be on here more often. PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks in Advance

Ruth

Comments (6)