SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hilltop_gw

Recommendation on sewing machine

hilltop_gw
17 years ago

Last night my almost 30 year old Singer Stylist went kaput (needle timing was off & bobbin parts quit moving). It was a simple machine-only 3 stitch choices, 5 zig-zag widths and a 4 step button-holer. I don't do much sewing - only mending, occasional pillow projects, etc. I'm in the middle of a project and want to replace the machine soon.

Nearest fabric store and only one that is most convenient for me due to hours/location is Joanns 40 miles away and they carry Viking. I'm going to look at the Scandinavia 200 or 300 (300 simply because someday there'll be grandkids & embroidery function might be nice). Anyone here use this machine and willing to offer their opinion, confirmation, word of warning, suggestion for different machine. Is there a different Husqvarna Viking model I should consider? I'm looking for ease of use.

Initially I was going to go with Singer 7462 or 7466 since I'm familiar with Singer, anyone have opinions on these? I haven't found anyone local who carrys Singer tho.

Comments (10)