SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nappyhairbigteeth

Navy blue leather sofa? and what chairs?

nappyhairbigteeth
14 years ago

Hello,

I came across this sofa on craigslist. I'm going to look at it tomorrow and I was wondering what everyone thought of it.

I have a few concerns. I wonder if it looks too heavy. I wonder what chairs I will pair with it.

Finally, blue is my favorite color and I like that it could add a little more interest than brown because the room has plenty brown already, but I don't know if I should lock myself into a less neutral leather color like blue. I really like leather. It's actually blue with burgandy piping.

They also have a matching wingback chair and ottoman in blue upholstery with a little burgundy and gold. That might go well with my $30 gold velvet wingback chair. Or I could instead buy two matching chairs at a later date.

I could get two leather wingback recliners at a great deal also, but I think the room would look too heavy if I do that.

Here are some thumbnail photos to click on; this is the sofa I'm considering:

Here is the living room where it would go:

Here is my gold wingback:

(I'm starting to wonder if I need two matching chairs flanking the sofa.) But here is the upholstered chair that matches the leather sofa:

Here are the leather recliners that are a deal, but probably too much for the room, right?

Well, what do you think I should do? The furniture is reasonably priced, btw. (I check CL almost every day.) I never feel sure when it comes to decorating and gardenweb posters have come through for me before. Thank you for your advice again!

Comments (9)