SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikischmal

What color should I paint the center island cabinet (now navy blue)?

Miki Schmal
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I'm asking for input on small island paint color. We just changed out all countertops to a white w/gray vein quartz. The upper/lower cabinets on the stovetop/microwave/oven wall and the larger island with sink/dishwasher are painted a soft white. Its all one large area with dining area and living room, all walls are a light gray. My style is on the contemporary side. Do I need to have similar colors in the area mentioned that is near the kitchen to make everything blend? I'm considering shades of blue or teal that would pop in an almost white kitchen with black appliances (blue is already in my living room area) or a deep shade of a blue red (which is not currently in the living room area, I just like that color). I have gray, blues, teal throw pillows as well a medium color pimento or terra cotta color pillow. The leather sofa is described as 'greige', both chairs are fabric; one chair is solid slate gray fabric and another is several shades of gray circles. I'm considering replacing the rug in living room with a gray rug of some sort (if I go with blue cabinets, I'll look for something with blue in it a well a gray). The door you see in the background will be painted white along with trim. I'm open to ANY suggested color for the cabinet. I just feel there is no accent color to peak of in those room. Thank you for your input.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner