SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julie_va

window cover suggestions please

julie_va
15 years ago

I am trying to decide what to do on a wall in our family room. I would like to keep it under $50 if possible, as I am short of funds and we are also planning on moving in a while. On the left we are putting in French doors, replacing sliding doors that are damaged. On the right are windows. In between is a cabinet with the big TV on it. We back up to woods. I would put nothing on the doors and windows because of the lovely view, but the morning sun comes in and the room becomes very hot, so I would like to be able to close them when needed.

I was thinking of a simple curtain on either side of the doors and windows. (I am sorry, I don't know proper terms), and am open to any inexpensive suggestions.

My walls are an eggshell color and furniture is jewel toned, burgundy, navy, jade.

If I go with the curtains, these are my questions: should I do floor length on the windows also, or have them be sill length? I have nothing under the window.

Color wise, should I maybe go ivory to match the walls and have the emphasis on what's ouside the windows? I like color, but I wonder if there is color framing the window and door, would the eye be drawn there rather than the pretty woods?

Then again, is there something else that is pretty? I have a picture of the wall but don't know how to post. I don't know if it's necessary, anyway.

Thank you so much!!!!!!!

Comments (2)