SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nannapoo_gw

What are you sewing at the moment?

nannapoo
19 years ago

Last weekend I had a very unusual request from my son......repair a seat cover for his pickup. It was an awful & very difficult thing to do but I perservered and have it finished except for replacing the second zipper. 'The things we do for love'.

On Monday I finally finished a 2 piece outfit for my 5 year old granddaughter. It turned out really cute and she will look adorable in it. Now I'll have to make something for her 3 year old sister. Another thing I do for love or I should say, because I love them so much.

I belong to 2 different quilting guilds and we are making baby and toddler quilts for the needy little ones. We have committed to make 40 this year. Tomorrow we are having an all day workshop to complete as many as possible. Today I hope to get the baby quilt top I am making completed at home so I can get some help putting it together at the workshop. At the same time we are making 3 quilts to give to some of the families at Ft. Hood that have lost a family member in Iraq. We are also associated with some quilters at a nursing home and do the greatest part of their work for them; then they donate their quilts as well. The other guild I belong to has committed to making a quilt for every family at Ft. Hood who has lost a loved one.

So much to do but I love every minute of it. Perhaps some day I will get to some of my own projects but at the moment, they'll have to wait.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!