What's wrong with men ?
23 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (31)
- 23 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 23 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
Related Discussions
what's with men and instructions????
Comments (75)Funny. Today is the first time I read this thread. I totally agree that some people need to lighten up. This thread also reminds me on one that started a year ago. Some people were upset that there were too many "fun" posts and we should be more serious. I thought me the evil Alaskan chicken would be banned forever. It seems to me that every once in awhile we go through a phase of 98% serious posts and frankly I think that gets a little boring. I have to admit that are threads that make we go "what?" and irk me a little (seems to happen when I have had a crummy day.) But they never irk me enough to post something negative about it. I just move on to the next post. (I have a hard time getting upset with my virtual comrades.) I think what makes this forum great is that it can be entertaining and informational. After reading this post, I am a little surprised I never got beat up for my "man" in the morgue drawers. Then again, he/she kinda looked like Pat from SNL....See Morewhat can I make for the men?
Comments (4)If you sew, you could make men boxers (if they wear them, or even if they don't). Since the Chiefs are doing so well this year, and being from KC, we're all big fans. I'm making boxers out of Chiefs fabric. The only problem is, I didn't buy enough and from what I understand it's sold out in the whole state of Missouri and won't be available again until sometime in December. We can buy all the other team fabrics too, so I'm making things out of them for relatives in other areas. Our WalMart has the Chiefs and Rams fabric for $5/yd. Hancock Fabrics has a wide array of team fabrics for $5.97/yd. and is also available on their website. My pattern is Simplicity 9958 and includes sizes XS - XL. That includes boys to large men. You can use up some of your excess fabric, or another option would be to make them out of flannel for warmth, or silk for luxury. My grandsons don't want the fly open, so I sew it shut. They like to wear them around the house. Hot chili pepper fabric would be cute or anything with food on it for the Chefs in the family. I also have a pattern for a fleece headband that everyone loves. Posie, I love your idea for the cookbook. My sister asked me to make a cookbook for her for Christmas with all my favorite recipes. Including some from that site would be fun. Thanks for that. One year I gave my BIL a cookbook, "Looneyspoons" by Janet and Greta Podsleski. He loved it, and they sat around reading the funny stories in it and died laughing. I hope this post gets more ideas. I could use some too. Barb...See MoreWhat is it with Men, Meatloaf and Catsup?
Comments (49)ChiSue...I loved your post and am guilty as charged...on some counts. One thing on the plate at a time? (OMG, the peas are *touching* the mashed potatoes!) That would be me...and I'm 59 years old. I do...not...want my food to touch. Okay, gravy may touch potatoes and/or meat. Butter may touch bread. But meat or potatoes should not touch bread. Ice cream can touch pie or cake. No veggies should ever touch any other veggie or any meat, or any bread. Ever. To prevent foods, especially veggies, from "touching" I use small bowls instead of a large dinner plate. Peas...in their own bowl. Salad...in it's own bowl. Grilled eggplant...on it's own saucer. Buttered potatoes...in a small bowl - so the butter does not melt, spread all over a plate, and lose it's close bond with the potatoes. A slice of meat on another small plate. I don't mind washing a few simple small bowls. I would mind if the foods were all jumbled together. Of course, at friends' or acquaintances' homes, I eat what's on my plate, usually one food at a time, and ignore the fact my food is touching. I love it when anyone invites me to dine with them; what an honor! One dear friend (seriously), knowing of my eating preferences, served my dinner on two of her toddlers' divided plates. Plenty of spaces for foods, none of which touched. I loved it. She gets me! Do you know people who salt their food before they taste it? Yep; my dear husband. No matter what is set on the table, and no matter how many or how few dishes I put it in...he sits down, looks at everything, picks up the salt shaker and shakes, shakes, shakes. Because of this I have stopped using salt in my recipes. I can at least regulate some of the salt he gets. Do you know people who 'defend' their plates and eat fast? I'm innocent of this one. I eat very slowly and if someone wants something off of my plate(s) they are welcome to it....See MoreWhat is it with men and flowers?
Comments (49)The best true plantsmen I have known were men. A young man i knew made a paradise out of a hillside that was the most beautiful garden in our neighborhood and got me started in serious gardening. He could have won show prizes but instead was extremely modest and shared his blooms with neighbors and the church. Another was a gentleman from S. Korea who built a fantastic sculpted " mountain" with waterfalls and manicured plants in pristine Japanese style garden in the back. These two did their work alone from scratch, no work crew or designers. The great rosarian and rose hybridizer Tom Carruth turned Huntington Library's rose garden into one of the most beautiful gardens in the world today. I am truly grateful to have watched it go from a lovely garden to a masterpiece in a few short years. Hooray for men plantsmen. Your dedication and skill is irreplaceable....See More- 23 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 23 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 23 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 23 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 23 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 23 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 23 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 23 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 23 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 23 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 20 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 20 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 20 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 20 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 20 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 20 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 20 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 20 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 20 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 20 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 15 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 15 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 14 years agolast modified: 11 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 4 years ago
Related Stories

REMODELING GUIDESWhy Marble Might Be Wrong for Your Bathroom
You love its beauty and instant high-quality appeal, but bathroom marble has its drawbacks. Here's what to know before you buy
Full Story
HOUZZ TVHouzz TV: Grandmother and ‘Mad Men’ Inspire a Home
A Chicago man receives family furniture and researches his way to midcentury style, from Mamie Eisenhower walls to Atomic Age decor
Full Story
MAN SPACESWhy Men Really Do Need a Cave
Don't dismiss cars, bars and the kegerator — a man space of some kind is important for emotional well-being at home
Full Story
MOST POPULARWhy We Love Midcentury Modern Design
There's a method to all this 'Mad Men'-ness — just look to psychology, tough times and, believe it or not, Apple
Full Story
INSIDE HOUZZDecorating Trends: A New Houzz Survey Shows What Homeowners Want
Is the TV gaining or losing ground? Are women or men trendier? Find out and learn more about people’s decorating plans right here
Full Story
HOLIDAYSFather's Day Extravaganza! 19 Glorious Man Spaces by Houzzers
Guitars, beer, games and sports memorabilia fill these unabashedly masculine rooms for men of all ages and tastes
Full Story
HOLIDAYSGuys, Where Do You Feel Most at Home?
For Father’s Day, we’d like to hear from the men. What part of your house makes you feel most like yourself — grounded and alive?
Full Story
FURNITUREDesign for Guys: 8 Great Accent Chairs
These Handsome Chaises, Wingbacks, Side Chairs and Lounges Stand Alone
Full Story
The Modern Bachelor Pad: Single, Sexy and Stylish
Design Tips for Guys: Set the Stage for Individuality, Comfort and Visitor Appeal
Full StorySponsored


billibillo909_lycos_com