SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
limowreck

Janome Bobbin Jamming... grrr

LimoWreck
17 years ago

Hi!

I LOVED my Janome... when it worked. I have the Janome 4618 Limited Edition Sewing Machine.

THE BOBBIN KEEPS JAMMING!!!! GRRRR.

I used this machine for about a month when the jamming problem started. At that time I took it to a Janome dealer and they said my tension was set too high... fair enough.

However, now it won't go 2 stitches without jamming. It's supposed to be jam-proof. I have adjusted the tension. I have changed the thread, needle (janome brand), fabric. I have re-wound the bobbins. I have cleaned the thing out a million times.

I took the plate off the bobbin area to watch what was happening. The removable plastic housing for the bobbin won't stay in place. It turns as the machine begins to stitch. Sometimes the needle comes down and actually hits the plastic housing (there are little holes visible where the needle has been hitting it).

Is this something I can fix? I hate to take it back to the Janome place. It is far from my home. I have an infant I would have to take with me. They already think I am a moron and I am sure this time it will cost me money.

This machine only worked for a month before this started happening.

Any ideas?

Comments (24)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH