SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
apulliam_22

Kenmore, to save or not to save?

apulliam_22
11 years ago

Let me say I have taught myself to sew and don't know much about the actual working of sewing machines.

I have a kenmore 385.16231300 my parents bought it for me about 6-7 years ago. I was in high school then and didn't take good care of it at all, I didn't even know you were suppose to clean it or service it. So that's the back history. I have now begun sewing a lot and have taught myself a lot on this machine but it has NEVER worked right. I spend more time takin switches out and messing with it than I actualy sew.

So long story...I recently bought a Janomie serger and I love love it! Compared to my kenmore it is amazing. My kenmore recently just went out, I have cleaned it and taken it apart and worked with it for hours and I'm at the point now where I should either take it to get services (for $100) or buy a better machine. So this is where my question comes in. Should I spend the money to have someone look at it or should I take the plunge and buy a better machine. I dont know if this machine is worth it to fix or if it is just a starter machine. I really liked the janomie sewing machines they showed me at the store but then again in not sure where To even begin.

Any advice would be great!!

Also just a little more info, I make purses, curtains, clothing, and quilts. I would need something that would be able to do all these things.

Thanks in advance!

Ashley

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County