SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Professional Help Needed (I'm Lost on the Color Wheel)

beekeeperswife
13 years ago

Well, I'm not sure what kind of professional help I need, so I'll just lie down on this GW couch, and take the expert advice that is available here!

I think we all must be painting our foyers because there are a lot of questions about foyers and paint colors lately.

Can I get your opinions please? My foyer is 2 stories, not very grand, kind of the smallest 2 story foyer possible. When you enter the front door, the dining room is to the left, painted "chocolate candy brown 2107-10)and cream, the living room is to the right (just a small doorway to it, nothing grand--color: to-be-decided (either Pigeon Gray or Dior Gray). Straight ahead is the kitchen family room/great room--will be painted Pigeon Gray (2133-50), which is a Gravender.

The Pigeon gray goes nicely with the dining room's chocolate, so that is good.

Here's the question, I love this Pigeon Gray, but with lots of light in the foyer, it can read "Lavender". I'm not too crazy about a 2 story foyer painted Lavender. I really want the space to have color, so white and cream are not options, but I need this color to be neutral enough and different enough to go with the other rooms. I am shying away from a gray that would be about the same "tone" as the Pigeon Gray because when the 2 walls meet, it might look odd that they are so close, but yet not the same.

So what do I do? Do I just go with this Pigeon Gray in the foyer too? Or do I try and find a charcoal color, but if I do that, maybe I should think about a dark brown like the dining room? (I don't want to do the Dior Gray in the foyer (which is the next color on the chip, it reads "deep purple" in the foyer)

I've also considered "Sweatshirt Gray (2126-40), more steel blue undertones than purple-can this be combined with the Pigeon?

My head is spinning, the painter is working 2 doors away, so I really need to figure out what to do because my time is coming sometime.

I can't figure this out. If you have paint color suggestion that would be great, or if you just have some sort of color "theory" to apply to this situation that would be great. I suppose in my head I think "resale", which isn't really even on our radar. I also suppose if we did need to sell, I could just get this foyer repainted again to something more mainstream so as not to scare away potential buyers, right?

Thanks, I'll get off the couch now, I feel a little better.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!