SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
natesgram_gw

I downsized and now I'm lost. Could use some help. PICS

natesgram
13 years ago

Guess I do feel a bit "lost" besides being decor challenged. We sold our forever home a few months ago and moved into a one bedroom apartment home, 806 s.f. In a lot of ways it is a good move, getting priorities in order. At any rate, I don't know exactly how to add some pop in this livingroom. It is 13x14 with 9' ceilings and crown molding. The walls are all painted a light tan. Next to the livingroom is an open kitchen and on the other side is the diningroom which we use also as an office/sewing room. I just made faux roman shades to bring the eye up and it does but now the shades seem to compete with my art piece over the oak bookcase. It's just too busy. I realize I also need to declutter the book case. I won't be painting the family bookcase although I'm open to using something else to lighten the back of the shelves. Ideas on that?

What suggestions can you give that would replace my picture? I was thinking possibly a mirror which would also reflect the light from the dining room. Rectangle, oval, framed, size?

I plan to add another long faux blind over the sofa only on the window, not the patio door. I recovered the chairs in striped material, same color family, but I'm not sure what color pillows would be a good accent color (not the wine that is there now) or how to decorate the bookcase inside and on top. I'd like honest opinions from my GW buddies, I can take it. :)

Comments (17)