SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
miz_m

China Cabinet Redo (Painted)

Miz_M
10 years ago

Hi, all, we finally finished our latest project ... a sweet cabinet we found on Craigslist for $120. Original wavy glass (swoon!) and hardware.

It was in hideous condition, so we made the decision to paint, rather than restore. Hard decision, believe me. It had so much veneer missing, a large bottom piece of wood missing, splintered wood, deep gouges, etc.

I chose Universal Khaki (SW color{{gwi:807}}, mixed using Valspar), in satin, for my homemade chalk paint. The darker brown is Burnt Umber acrylic. I used Johnson's Paste wax, clear. No glazing or sanding, the legs and other aging accents are my painting technique{{gwi:807}} (brushing lightly, with wood showing underneath).

I wish I had better "Before" pictures, but forgot to take them! I get too excited, and jump right in. My hunky carpenter had to take apart and rebuild much of the hutch, as the doors wouldn't fit anymore. He also had to make an entirely new base for the hutch.

Lots of pictures coming, I'm on my iPad, so have to do one at a time.

Thank you for looking! And I appreciate any constructive criticism, as well, I'm always eager to improve my skills. :)

Before:

This post was edited by Miz_M on Mon, Jul 8, 13 at 10:10

Comments (74)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations