SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carlatravis

Help me! I need a new camera and I am in over my head!

Carla Travis
24 years ago

Who knew shopping for new camera would be so stressful! I have been TRYING to do research, but I am overwhelmed. I know for sure that I want a point-and-shoot 35mm, but other than that, who knows! I am looking for most of the amenities: auto focus, auto film loading, auto rewind, and all those other autos. The zoom thing is a quandary because I have read that a fixed lense produces sharper quality photos in a point-and-shoot camera than a zoom lense, and photo quality is of the utmost importance to me. I have checked Consumer Reports, and last night I researched on the web for 2 hours. As far as I can tell at this point, the Yashica T4 Super seems to be the best quality point-and-shoot in my price range (under $300). No offense meant, but I am not really interested in your stories of personal experience, because they are so subjective. ("I really love my Minolta Vectis" doesn't help me much, you know.)What I am looking for are websites or other sources that do objective comparisons of different cameras. If you know of any good websites or print sources other than Consumer Reports, please, please, take pity on me and let me know! :) Thanks.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions