SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
miz_m

Dresser/Console Redo

Miz_M
10 years ago

This is probably my least favorite of our projects; I wanted to share it because these pieces are so inexpensive and available, but the plastic-y wood look is a huge turn-off. My goal was to save this piece from a landfill ... we found it on CL, it was originally the bottom of a China cabinet. It wasn't selling, the price was under $100, and the hutch looked pretty.

Once we got it home, Sparky, who normally loves a challenge, quickly deemed the hutch a, "Piece of junk, I'm not wasting time on this." Great. Now what? The base was ok, so we decided to just redo it, and give the hutch away for free on CL.

A nice couple called immediately for it, and came out to get it that very day. Awesome! They were so excited, told us all these plans they had for it. We happily waved as they drove away with their free hutch ..... a hutch missing the glass shelves, the decorative mesh door grids, a hole where the light was, and busted up trim.

I'm reading CL a few mornings later, and, hey ... this looks familiar: look who's selling a hutch! Not only that, but his ad is all lies. He says the price is 80% less than he paid (what?! It was free!), and that it's in perfect condition.

I honestly don't care that they were reselling it, go for it. But I don't like the dishonesty. Oh, well. I just hope it doesn't end up in the trash.

Enough rambling, let's see some pictures! A sweet young family bought it, they're going to use it as a sofa table. We cut the price drastically for them, but got free chicken sandwiches out of the deal (they own a Chick Fil A franchise). :-D

Many pics coming! Before:

This post was edited by Miz_M on Sat, Jul 27, 13 at 9:38

Comments (28)