SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynn_r_ct

10 step program for fabric-holics - does it exist?

lynn_r_ct
15 years ago

There is a thread from April that is falling off into never, never land and I thought I would resurrect it. Peoples comments were hysterical and I would like to submit my name to the club.

I had been increasing my fabric stash for years, at a small pace in all honesty. Then about four years ago I found an annual tag sale run by a designer. She sells items from her design shows as well as leftover fabric and trim from her jobs. Last year was my best year, I spent $1600.00 buckeroos but, I got soooo much, chairs, decorations, a rug, a custom designed head board and so very much more.

But as much as I like to share my treasures, this really is all about the fabric, isn't it? At her sales she sells all high quality fabric like Scalamondre' for $5.00/yd. You read it right, and... high quality trims for $3/yd.

Needless to say, my stash is now huge because I can't say no to a fabric I like. I would need to live another ten lifetimes to use it all, and I can rationalize why I shouldn't buy more but there is this tug, like metal to a magnet that draws me back for more.

I am pleased to see so many others out there so I know it is not just me.

We are in the middle of a remodel but can I ask you to tell me how you store your fabrics. Thanks!

Comments (14)