SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katie7b

Need door help!

16 years ago

We are replacing two single light French doors in the back of our townhouse. The original installation 7 years ago was botched (in SO many ways; don't get me started) and we are finally replacing them after finding a wonderful door guy and finish carpenter. So now I'm looking for door options. One of Angel's suppliers sells Marvin and Lemieux doors (the latter is Canadian). Marvin is great but I don't want to pay $1,152 per door (prehung 36" x 80"). I was hoping to pay more in the $500 per door range. Or am I kidding myself, and it's not possible to get a good quality wood patio door for that price? Please advise!

I don't know anything about Lemieux. Has anyone out there used Lemieux doors and can give me the benefit of their experience? We're also considering Simpson doors and I'd love to hear from any Simpson French door owners out there. If there are other good door brands to consider, please send me your suggestions.

I'd also love to hear any feedback on pine vs. fir doors.

Sorry to be so long-winded, but I'd like to get the doors right this time around, and knowledge is power.

Many thanks!

Kate

Comment (1)