SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ncamy_gw

Right now I'm very discouraged with Craigslist!

ncamy
15 years ago

Can you believe we had two busts within 8 hours??? We are about to move into a rental where my current gas dryer won't work. So when I saw a free electric dryer on Craigslist I got pretty excited. The girl said the only problem was that it made a loud noise...no problem since the rental laundry is in the basement! So we drove 40 miles out of town (yes that was about $25 worth of gas!) to get the free dryer and when we got there the girl said, Oh I'm sorry someone just picked it up 5 minutes ago. When she said she didn't have any way to call me I reminded her that I gave her my phone number and she said, "Oh my gosh, Are you Amy? I thought the people who were just here were you!" My husband gave her a few choice words and then peeled out of her drive and on to the next quest. The next quest was to get a free non-working washer and dryer to stage our current house while we sell it after we move. It's pretty important that it looks like it is still being lived in. Even though the folks over on the buying and selling forum told me I couldn't fool them, I can guarantee you I can! I have duplicates of everything. Our drawers and cupboards will not be lacking anything!!! Just the other day I was asking my husband should we take four sets of china and leave three or take three and leave four!! You get the picture....

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus