SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pondwelr

What I'm loving right now

pondwelr
15 years ago

All the bulbs are done, quite a bit of the spring trees, shrubs and some flowers are done. I have daisies and coneflowers and daylilies blooming. Roses, of course, and annual pelorgoniums. The true geraniums are waiting for a second flush, but clemmies and a gorgeous clear red daylily is outstanding. The Russian Sage is blue, and waving in the wind, roses are so beautiful, and bug free.

Mainly, I'm quite glad about the new huechera and hostas that we planted in my front garden last year. I just love the chartreuse of Guacamole hosta with a deep burgundy of the heuchera Mocha, and a deep purple sedum.

My flower beds are quite small. (All the big beds are planted with shurbs and trees) But, I really love the pleasure of contrasts and foliage that compliments a neighboring plant.

I'm NOT loving the outbreak of thistle that appeared last year. And continues to crop up all over this year.

Oh, yes, I am loving the fact that a whole flock of Cedar Wax Wings arrived in June, and have hung around ever since. They came to eat the Service Berries, and stayed to eat the Mountain Ash. Meantime, they are at one of my upright blue junipers, eating the berries.

My Tomatoes make me smile too. Pretty dumb, but they do.

Pondy

Comments (2)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm