SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kronhauscustomworks

Tiny L kitchen layout advice

Hello! I have enjoyed using GardenWeb as an encyclopedia as I'm starting my kitchen renovation adventure. Hoping y'all can help me with a tricky situation!

I have a 1940's house, just around 900 square feet. The cabinets are all custom/original to the house but in bad shape and not very useful. It's about 7 feet x 10 feet long.

Obstacles:
Circuit box on the interior long wall of the kitchen can't be moved.

Interior doorway/entrance to the dining room may be widened but I'd like for it to remain where it is.

Exterior doorway must remain where it is, for financial reasons.

I'd love to keep the sink where it is - it functions well and I like looking out the window.

As it is now, it's an L-shaped kitchen.

Goals:
I'm thinking about turning it into a galley layout to get more counter space & storage.

I'm planning on getting a Euro-style fridge (probably the 24" wide Summit) and would like an 18-inch dishwasher to save on space. I live with my two cats and have a boyfriend, but it's such a tiny house, it could never accommodate more than two adults!

I'd love a 9 or 12" pull-out pantry next to fridge.

I do a fair bit of cooking and baking and am planning on getting a gas range with vent on top. OK with downsizing the sink to something smaller, one-basin.

This is my starting point of the galley idea. Need a place for a microwave, preferably in upper cabinet.

I'm considering widening the entry to the dining room, but I don't want to give up any lower cabinets. I would love to add upper storage by way of floating shelves or glass-fronted cabinets, but I don't like the idea of it feeling off-centered.

It will be a tight opening between cabinets, but as it is now, the 30" square fridge is always right in my face, so I'd take a tight galley over that any day!

I'd love any and all feedback! Thank you in advance!

Comments (10)